Tuesday 26 September 2017

About Me




Started this blog in 2014 just hot off the heels of writing for gaming website, as I wanted to be in control of what I write, it's a space where I can express my opinion of games whether they are new or old.

How did I start off in games writing? It all began in late 2010 when I was 17 when I was doing my A-levels, I started to develop a passion for video games, I chanced it by sending my local newspaper the Bristol Post an email saying I would like to write game reviews. They said yes and this is how I got my foot in the door, I started off writing concise reviews as I had a 250-500 word limit for my reviews, it was a challenging endeavour, but I started to get a grasp of writing as I was studying media and English language at the time.

Fast forward to 2013/14 I was starting to make a name for myself, as I had contacts with publishers within the industry with Grand Theft Auto V being the first game I got early to review. After some creative differences with the gaming website I use to write for I went solo for a few months with this blog. At the end of 2014 a local online magazine called 365bristol.com found my blog and they sent me a message over Twitter wanting me to cover games and tech on their site. This is where I am today, as I get review copies on a consistent basis with a healthy following getting opportunities to cover new and exciting games within the industry.

I hope you enjoy my content!

1 comment:

Blog Archive