Tuesday 24 February 2015

No More Re-masters Please!

By Sam Coles:
 
Since the new gen of consoles have emerged there has been a sudden and annoying trend of re-mastering or re-releasing everything in the past 5 years and a lot of people praise it and say that they never got a chance to play, me however do not praise it because I’ve got these new shiny pieces of hardware sitting on my work station and I’m reviewing games that I’ve already reviewed or played in the past. If I wanted to play Sleeping Dogs I can just grab it off my shelf and play it on my Xbox 360.
 
 
The argument that keeps cropping up is that they didn’t get to play said game in 7th generation or they were stuck with the other console, such as the Last of Us on PS4 people gave the excuse of a lot of 360 players jumped ship to the PS4 and wanted to play the Last of Us and in my opinion tuff luck to you. Why should developers pander to you if you didn’t own a PS3? They shouldn’t have to. Also if you didn’t get a chance to play it on last gen and you weren’t a moron and threw you console out the window when the new gen started then you can still play those games and they’ll be cheap and they are same game. As of this editorial Borderlands “The Handsome Collection” has been announced and I saw some comments such as “Why the Pre-sequel released on last gen”? Which I respond with because not everyone has the money to make the jump to the 8th gen yet and it wasn’t designed for the 8th gen.
 
 
I have no problem with re-masters as a concept, but the games have to be at least 10 years old to be granted a re-master and not a year or two. People always say to me about the Halo Master Chief Collection about being a part of this group and I say no. Do you know why? It’s because the main focus of that collection was to celebrate ten years of Halo 2 and 343 thought let’s clear up Halo 1, 3 and 4 a bit and give our consumers those games as well. To celebrate an anniversary with a re-master is fine, but one year later does not count as a re-master because developers couldn’t have done anything substantial, people say TLOU and to be honest the only thing the improved is the frame rate which was awful on the PS3 in some places.
 
 
I expect that I’ll get the argument that it happened last console generation transition, but no it didn’t I can only think of one or two “Re-masters” such as Hitman Blood Money and Gun. It’s not like now where we have games that came out on the seventh generation consoles 4 years ago that warrant a re-master, games like Resident Evil is fine because that game is 12 years and you are bringing a game to a new generation of gamers and not gamers that have already played a game two years ago.
 
Overall after the release of Borderlands Handsome Collection I don’t want to see anymore “Re-masters” I want to see something new. It’s time to move on.

2 comments:

  1. Please stop making "No More Re-masters Please!" article please! They are all over the internet. I'm sick of them. I want something new. It's time to move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my blog I'll write whatever subjects that interest me or annoy me if you don't like it don't read it.

      Delete

Blog Archive